Sunday 24 April 2011

Sid the Science Kid

I've been in Hawaii for about two and a half weeks now and I managed to catch an awesome show on PBS (which is the American version of the Australian ABC 2 kids channel). The show is called Sid the Science Kid and I'm officially in love with it. It's all about science inquiry skills for pre-schoolers and helping them realise they can be scientists too.

Check out their cute website, if you click on the parent/teacher section there's two really good science communiction blogs there. http://pbskids.org/sid/

Image Credit: PBS


I've been getting some great ideas for experiments and how to talk to kids about certain topics. The show has an overarching topic every week and Sid asks a different question about the topic every day. If you can get your hands on a copy I strongly recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment